What are some of the forces impacting education in 2016?
(second post of The Association Role in the New Education Paradigm release week)
- Incorporating technological advances in the classroom
- Decreasing public funding
- Increasing class sizes
- High-stakes testing in K-12
- Exploding student debt
- Decreasing on-time college and university graduation rates
- Scandals in for-profit education
- Skills gaps and lack of agreement on the purpose of higher education
- Disconnection between learning outcomes and required workforce KSAs
These forces combine to produce the statistics I cited yesterday: while more than 73 million young people, worldwide, are unemployed, in the US alone, 32% of employers can’t find qualified workers.
Shelly Alcorn, my co-author, and I believe associations are uniquely positioned to help address this gap. I’ll share more about how later this week, or you can find out now by downloading your free copy of The Association Role in the New Education Paradigm at http://bit.ly/29CIquL, no divulging of information about yourself required.